1. What’s your favorite thing about cold weather?
I actually like shoveling. Does that make me the antichrist? I was raised in the Poconos and shoveling equated to Snow Day. I embrace shoveling like I embrace having a vacation day, even though that doesn't necessarily happen when there's a snowstorm. Also, I go outside in the winter with short shorts and flip flops. I could totally be in the polar bear club. I just have to get over that whole "I don't know how to swim" thing.
2. Soups and hot beverages seem to be everyone’s favorite cold-weather culinary combatant, but what’s another food that seems to take the bite out of the cold?
Spicy chicken wings and hard licquor. I'm sure "Posts from the Fringe" is with me on this.
3. When the weather is just starting to turn cold but is not yet in full frigidity, what do you add to your bed until it’s time to break out the heavy artillery? (I said what, not whom!)
I sleep on the couch. I just add another blanket (crocheted by my grandmother).
4. What household chore seems especially unkind in these colder months?
5. Among people you know, who seems most oblivious to cold weather?
Me. I walk outside without a coat and flip flops and people are all like "Aren't you cold?", "Where's your coat?", "What's wrong with you?". I feel numb to it all, just like my toes do when I step foot in the snow.