This week has been absolutely insane. I was split between two jobs, school and home. Google Calendar was my best friend all week long. Here's a summary of the madness:
Monday: Woke up at 5:30, got the kids and myself ready. Took the kids to the bus stop for 7:30 discovered that Owen may have an ear infection, and then headed to Wilkes-Barre. I worked at the ARC from 8:30am until 10:30am. Then I ran for lunch and worked at the Hospital from 11:00 to 4:30. I got home at 5ish and helped the kids with their homework and went to bed.
Tuesday: Woke up at 6, got the kids and myself ready. Took the kids to the bus stop for 7:30 and then headed to back to the house to kill some time. One of my AM classes was canceled due an electrical issue in the building it was held in…so I only had one AM class which threw off my whole morning cadence. Made an appointment to get Owen's ear checked out at 2pm. Called my boss at the ARC and informed her that I would not be in. Dropped off food for Rock 107's pantry raid at Gerrity's hung out and watched old movies on WNEP2. Ran into an old friend and BS'd for 10 minutes. Donated clothes to the Salvation Army. Ran back to Sweet Valley and hung out for an hour. Picked up Owen at school and ran back to the valley. Took Owen to the ENT then stopped off at a supermarket for stuff for dinner…Agway for wood pellets and then finally home.
Wednesday: Woke up at 4:30am. Ran to the Pump & Pantry and filled up my tank and got coffee. Drove to Harrisburg. Stayed there until 3pm. Drove back to Sweet Valley…got home at 5pm. Stopped at Mountain Fresh and picked up chips and juice boxes for the kiddos. Arrived home and fought with husband about dinner. Ended up eating dinner at like 8pm at a restaurant in Dallas. Spent to much, ate to much, and fell into a food coma shortly after arriving home.
Thursday: Class again! YAY. (Not really…its getting old). Woke up at 5:30, got the kids and myself ready. Took the kids to the bus stop for 7:30 and immediately headed to school (after stopping off for coffee of course). Attended both of my AM classes and then headed to the ARC where I was unable to get on the internet for like a half hour. When I finally got that issue resolved….I worked through some other stuff and soon 4:30 came. I left the ARC and drove home. Ate another late dinner, drank beer while watching football and fell asleep on the couch shortly thereafter.
Friday: Woke up at 5:30, got the kids and myself ready. Took the kids to the bus stop for 7:30 … had to do Owen's homework that he forgot about IN THE CAR, ran out of the house without a coat then realized it was FUCKING COLD. After the kids were en route to their perspective schools, ran back to the house, got my coat and then ran to the Pump & Dump for coffee of course. WORKED ALL DAY AT THE HOSPITAL. Shoot me in the face. I took 37 calls. My brain was pretty much fried by 4:30, but…..I drove to the Factory Card Outlet to get Gabby's birthday invitations, then stopped for gas (I was on E), then met @JasonPercival to exchange Wii Hard Drives to clone at Gerrity's….then it was FIL's birthday party in Hanover until 9pm. I was falling asleep on the couch before it was over. I somehow managed to drive home semi-awake, and got home with no issues. I was planning to crash out as soon as I hit the couch, but I felt guilty for not blogging in a week…so I blogged about the Friday Five and watched the tail end of Monty Python and the Holy Grail on IFC and fell asleep after that.
Today: I want to put up the Xmas lights, but have to take Gabby to a swimming birthday party at 1pm in Tunkhannock. I'm not bringing my bathing suit and hope that the parents do not expect me to get in the pool. I do not bode well in a bathing suit around strangers. Also….do I have to hang around? Gabby is in second grade. When do I get to just drop her off and leave her somewhere? When does that get to happen? Is second grade too early for that? By the way….local weather people who said "the weekend would be warm", 45 degrees in November does not constitute "warmth" in my book.
Next week will be worse. Trust me. I am already curling up into the fetal position looking at Google Calendar. This is what dreams are made of?
Speaking of dreams…I've been having some vivid yet weird ones as of late. I think maybe its because my brain forgets what its like to get more than 4 hours of sleep per night. It's rewarding me with watching mini weird sci-fi type of movies in my sleep…. or something. Here's the short list of things I've dreamt over the last 2 weeks:
- I had no Xmas tree, but yet My Mom reassured me it was OK because she didn't put up one either
- I dreamt that we were out of potatoes…so I bought like a ton of them from the supermarket. (Sidenote: This is actually so ironic because we WERE out of potatoes…so I did go to the store to buy some, but hubs did as well….now we have like 5 bags of various types of potatoes in the fridge).
- I was holding a baby of a teenage unwed mother, but I was loving every second of it and was thinking of stealing it.
- I was shopping at a pet store that specialized in birds and I was looking into buying either a baby duck or a baby cockatiel (Sidenote: Maybe related to our family pet cockatiel dying over the summer)
- I owned a restaurant in my old house in Lee Park and cooked hamburgers and hot dogs for members of the local news media. Similar to Abe's Hot Dogs/Ferris' in Wilkes-Barre.
- I dreamt that I was living in my parents house (kill me now), and there was a tornado blowing through….THE POCONOS….and the trees and stuff around their house were destroyed. I kept yelling at my kids to get the hell in the basement and ended up doing the moves to Thriller at the end of the dream. I'm not sure what's more scary….the fact that I was dancing to Thriller or living with my parents. NIGHTMARE.
- I was late to everything or just plain forgot that I was supposed to be somewhere at a certain time.
- Something about eating a bagel.
I have an app on my iPhone that helps me track my dreams called "Dreambook". I think its like $1.99 to buy, but you can look up the definitions of your dreams and then add them to a calendar to see what you dreamed about and when. I've been tracking for my dreams for about 2 years and I love doing it. It helps me to remember what they are so I can go back and be like…. WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH MY BRAIN? Something like that, anyway.
In closing, I'm not spell or grammar checking this blog post. I am fully aware its a mess, but yet don't seem to care.
You'll get over it.