Brown Bag Monday

Professional Nerdy Girl

Brown Bag Monday

By M Davies   /     Feb 26, 2008  /     Misc/Crap, NEPA, TV Rants  /

There is a segment on Monday mornings on WNEP called “Brown Bag Monday”.  The segment is done by Joe Snedeker the station’s morning meteorologist.  Viewers are encouraged to send in questions to Joe to be answered live on the air.  I don’t really think there are any restrictions to what can be asked, as long as its short and not obscene.  I woke up early one morning and was bored so I sent in a question to be answered:

To:  eugene@wnep.com

Date:  Fri, Feb 15, 2008 at 6:46 AM

Subject:  Brown Bag Monday Question

Joe,

Have you ever googled yourself?  If so, what did you think of the results that came back.

Michelle D.
Hanover Twp, PA

My question was asked live yesterday on WNEP’s Brown Bag segment.  Joe really didn’t answer it, but it still made it to air.  I didn’t even realize it was asked because I wasn’t up early yesterday.  One of my friends seen it on there and said “I only know one Michelle D from Hanover Township” and just messaged me on AIM about it.  Its pretty dumb I know, but I’m laughing about it because I didn’t think it would actually make it to the air.  If you want to view it go to www.wnep.com and in the video section look for “Joe’s Morning Forecast – Monday” and click to view it.  Of course now that I’m blogging about this, if Joe does actually google himself he will probably find my blog in the search results.

“Googling yourself”.  It almost sounds obscene.

About M Davies

Hi! My name is Michelle and I'm the sassy author of this blog. I also am a wife, mother, sister, daughter, contributor at NEPA Blogs, 1/3 of NEPA BlogCon and work behind-the-scenes in local TV.

20 Comments

1. Harold Says: February 26, 2008 8:18 pm

Googling yourself is normal and natural and nothing to be ashamed of. Everybody does it, whether they’ll admit it or not.

2. Janine Says: May 4, 2009 5:23 am

boxers or briefs?

3. PAT HOUSEKNECHT Says: January 5, 2011 5:34 am

can you tell me why i cannot get wnep 2?     i have called dish network and i get nowhere. i really want wnep 2.  i have been with dish network for 10 years  but now i am really rethinking it because i don't get any satisfaction

4. Brittany Taylor Says: December 14, 2011 10:36 pm

Dear Joe,
    Why does Tom Williams and Mindi Ramsey call you Eugene in the morning?
    From,
       Brittany Taylor of Meshoppen

5. Brittany Taylor Says: December 15, 2011 5:20 am

Why does Mindi Ramsey and Tom Williams call you Milo?

6. M Davies Says: December 28, 2011 11:09 am

Brittany — I’m not sure why you thought my blog was the mailbag for Brown Bag Monday, but it’s not. You would need to email these to eugene@wnep.com for them to be answered. I forwarded them to Joe Snedeker on your behalf…hope you don’t mind.

7. kris from sunbury Says: December 7, 2012 8:11 pm

Joe, at thanksgiving when the president pardons a turkey do they really get to live and die of old age or soon as the cameras off, its off with their head.

8. kris from sunbury Says: February 22, 2013 8:11 am

Joe how come you seem to be the only one that has trouble with the clickers to the weather maps. Tom and Noreen don’t seem to ever have any trouble.

9. joyce hopper Says: April 19, 2013 11:53 am

how can you tell how many lightning strikes there are in one particular area??????

10. M Davies Says: April 20, 2013 5:53 am

FROM THE BLOG’s AUTHOR (aka ME): THIS IS NOT THE MAILBOX FOR BROWN BAG MONDAY. PLEASE EMAIL EUGENE@WNEP.COM TO PARTICIPATE IN BROWN BAG MONDAY. ANY QUESTIONS POSTED HERE WILL NOT BE ANSWERED.

11. kris Says: May 30, 2013 7:00 am

Joe, O cant beleive how people will complain about the silly things you say and do on the morning show and yet ryan leckey acts like a total jerk ( as with the eposide with the company that makes baged ice ) and nothing is said. Ryan should take some lessons from you and Tom Williams on how to be coo. Keep up the good work guys.

12. Kathryn Sands Says: June 3, 2013 3:04 pm

What is the speed of the space shuttle when it is flying over earth

13. LINDA Says: July 8, 2013 5:46 am

Joe, Can you use your scientific background to answer this. Why when you are driving along, and see a dead skunk killed ahead, it’s not until you have passed the skunk that there becomes the smell? Then it lasts for at least a mile. Why don’t you have the pre- warning, only the lingering fragrance.

14. M Davies Says: July 8, 2013 10:31 am

PLEASE READ THE ABOVE. THIS IS NOT THE MAILBAG FOR BROWN BAG MONDAY. ANY QUESTIONS LEFT HERE WILL NOT BE ANSWERED (THIRD WARNING).

15. ann marie yushinsky Says: March 8, 2014 5:54 pm

I think the disfunctional leprechaun should make a come back for st.patty’s day.He is the best.I’m sure others feel the same.Hope to see him.

16. joe knouse sr Says: March 17, 2014 7:38 am

joe i see you are having shoulder trouble,well i might be able to help i have a sharp hunting knife if you need to get operated on it. just call 570 855 5546 and ask for DR. EITHER OR i can help you cheep too. jimmy joe joe jimmy either or from shickshinny.

17. bob Says: December 14, 2014 4:57 pm

joe r u related to Noreen talked to a guy at barretts pub that knows ur family and he said she is NOT ur sister. Joe what is the story ??? who do u know to get ur job.

18. Jeffrey Says: February 23, 2015 10:17 am

Joe there is a website called hillbilly weather man ,He is a little like you but but tells ya like it is . Have you efer watched him ? If not go check him out

19. James stehr Says: August 24, 2015 10:17 am

for mindy,when you were on vacation on one of joe’s biker chicks he said she was on a pocket rocket can you tell him the difference between a crotch rocket and a pocket rocket????

20. Doris Says: January 9, 2017 7:21 pm

What happened to Dave Skutnik as meteorologist?